Ex-intelligence officer with Greensboro police alleges Klan-Nazi files destroyed

Ex-intelligence officer with Greensboro police alleges Klan-Nazi files destroyed
Second officer may have kept some of files slated for disposal. The source of an allegation by four Greensboro pastors that 50 boxes of files related to the 1979 Klan-Nazi shootings were destroyed around the time the Greensboro Truth and Reconciliation Commission began its inquiry into the event is a patrol officer who was formerly assigned to the disbanded special intelligence section. Officer Julius Fulmore confirmed to YES! Weekly last week that he provided the information to the Rev. Nelson Johnson, a survivor of the deadly shootings. Fulmore alleges that Lt. Craig McMinn, then a sergeant and the commander of the special intelligence unit, ordered the destruction of the files. Fulmore’s lawyer, Amiel Rossabi, said he believes Cpl. Ernest Cuthbertson, then also a member of special intelligence, preserved about two of the boxes.

siehe auch: “City unaware of Klan-Nazi files missing”. Responding to allegations that files related to the 1979 Klan-Nazi shootings had been destroyed, a city spokeswoman said Tuesday that officials are unaware of anything being missing. Three Greensboro ministers say police disposed of about 50 boxes of files, which they say were tossed into a trash bin.

Bookmark the permalink.

One Comment

  1. Pingback: “Police chief: Klan-Nazi files handled properly” « dokumentationsarchiv

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *