#Christchurch Shooting Live Updates: 49 Are Dead After 2 Mosques Are Hit – #terror

Forty-nine people were killed in shootings at two mosques in central Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday, in a terrorist attack that Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described as “an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence.” Officials said that one man in his late 20s had been charged with murder, and that two explosive devices were found attached to a vehicle that they had stopped. A Muslim leader in New Zealand said the attack was especially shocking as it took place around Friday prayers. The police urged people to stay away from the mosques until further notice. A video and manifesto that appeared to be by a gunman involved in the shooting were posted online on the day of the attack. Two mosques are attacked Shots were fired at Al Noor Mosque on Deans Avenue in the center of the city, and at Linwood Mosque, about three miles away, the police said. (…) The police said that four people, including three men and one woman, had been taken into custody. Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia said that one of them was Australian. (…) A 17-minute video posted to social media appears to show part of the attack. The clip, which may have been taken from a helmet camera worn by a gunman, begins behind the wheel of a car. A man, whose face can occasionally be seen in the rearview mirror, drives through the streets of Christchurch before pulling up in front of Al Noor Mosque, beside the sprawling Hagley Park. He approaches the mosque on foot, his weapon visible, and begins shooting at people at the entrance. What follows is a harrowing nearly two minutes of his firing on the worshipers. At one point, the gunman exits the mosque and fires in both directions down the sidewalk before returning to his car for another gun — which, like the others, was inscribed with numbers, symbols or messages. When he re-enters the mosque, he shoots several bodies at close range.(…) Before the shooting, someone appearing to be the gunman posted links to a white-nationalist manifesto on Twitter and the online forum 8chan. The 8chan post included a link to what appeared to be the gunman’s Facebook page, where he said he would also broadcast live video of the attack. (…) The Twitter posts showed weapons covered in the names of past military generals and men who have recently carried out mass shootings.
In his manifesto, he identified himself as a 28-year-old man born in Australia and listed his white nationalist heroes.

via nytimes: Christchurch Shooting Live Updates: 49 Are Dead After 2 Mosques Are Hit

siehe auch: Christchurch shooting: 49 dead in terrorist attack at two mosques – live updates. Three in custody over mass shootings that also left 20 people seriously injured. Full report: multiple fatalities after shootings at mosques. At a glance: what we know so far. ‘Our darkest day’: Ardern responds; Evil killer’s manifesto: Right-wing mosque shooter posted 73-page rant foreshadowing massacre just hours before the bloodbath and said he was ‘inspired’ by Norway mass murderer Anders Breivik. Gunman posted manifesto online hours before opening fire inside two mosques. Suspected gunman has been identified as an Australian man Brenton Tarrant, 28. He wrote in the document how he was inspired by mass murderer Anders Breivik. Tarrant said he initially targeted a Dunedin mosque, but later changed his mind. Police have arrested four people – three man, including Tarrant, and a woman (…) A terrorist who opened fire on a New Zealand mosque full of hundreds of worshippers published an online manifesto detailing his plans to carry out the massacre just hours before the attack. Australian man Brenton Tarrant, 28, published ‘The Great Replacement’ the morning before opening fire at two mosques in Christchurch, on New Zealand’s south island. Tarrant live streamed his attack on the Al Noor mosque on Facebook. At least 49 people are believed to have been killed in the attack, with more than 40 also in hospital in severe conditions. Police have so far arrested three men – including Tarrant – and a woman; Mindestens 49 Tote bei Angriffen auf Moscheen. In Neuseeland sind zahlreiche Menschen bei Attacken auf zwei Moscheen getötet worden. Premierministerin Jacinda Ardern spricht von einem geplanten Terrorakt. Bei Angriffen auf zwei Moscheen im neuseeländischen Christchurch sind nach Polizeiangaben mindestens 49 Menschen getötet worden. 48 Menschen wurden mit Schusswunden in Kliniken eingeliefert. Mehrere Bewaffnete hätten während der Freitagsgebete das Feuer eröffnet, sagte Premierministerin Jacinda Ardern. Vier Verdächtige seien festgenommen worden. Einer von ihnen ist nach Angaben des australischen Premiers Scott Morrison ein 28-jähriger Australier. Es handle sich um einen rechtsextremen Terroristen, sagte Morrison. Ardern sprach von “einem der schwärzesten Tage” für Neuseeland. “Was hier passiert ist, ist ein außerordentlicher und beispielloser Gewaltakt”, sagte Ardern. Das Ganze sei offenbar gut geplant gewesen. “Das kann man nur als Terrorakt beschreiben”, sagte sie. Die Terroralarmstufe sei angehoben worden.
Die Polizei nahm nach eigenen Angaben drei Männer und eine Frau fest. “Es ist eine sehr ernste und schwerwiegende Situation”, teilten die Behörden mit. Man habe mehrere improvisierte Sprengkörper entschärft, die in einem Auto gefunden wurden. Neben den Festgenommenen gebe es nach bisherigem Erkenntnisstand keine weiteren Verdächtigen. In einem im Internet verbreiteten 74-Seiten-Schreiben erklärte sich ein 28-jähriger Australier verantwortlich. Er sei nur nach Neuseeland gekommen, um den Angriff zu planen und auszuführen, schrieb er. Die Moscheen in Christchurch und im Vorort Linwood würden angegriffen. Sollte er es bis ins etwa 90 Kilometer entfernte Ashburton schaffen, würde er dort eine weitere Moschee angreifen. Neuseeland habe er ausgewählt, weil es so abgelegen sei. Er habe zeigen wollen, dass es selbst in entlegensten Teilen der Welt “Massenmigration” gebe.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *