Ermittlungsverfahren gegen Staatsschützer eingestellt

Ermittlungsverfahren gegen Staatsschützer eingestellt – Yahoo! Nachrichten Deutschland
Die Staatsanwaltschaft Dessau-Roßlau hat ein Ermittlungsverfahren gegen einen früheren Staatsschützer im Zusammenhang mit der Dessauer Polizeiaffäre eingestellt. Die Ermittlungen wegen des Versuchs der Strafvereitelung im Amt seien eingestellt worden, weil sich kein hinreichender Tatverdacht ergeben habe, teilte die Staatsanwaltschaft am Freitag in Dessau-Roßlau mit. Der Beamte habe Vorwürfe im Zusammenhang mit dem Verhalten eines Vorgesetzten erhoben, aber keine Anzeige erstattet. Unterdessen habe er angegeben, dass er das Verhalten seines Vorgesetzten nicht für strafbar halte.

Like pornography, torture doesn’t require a definition; you know it when you see it or feel it

Voices – Like pornography, torture doesn’t require a definition; you know it when you see it or feel it
With all the media coverage of “waterboarding” and all the congressional questioning of government officials about their views on the subject, I imagine that by now many people think that waterboarding must be the worst kind of torture that the United States has engaged in, and that if waterboarding is in fact not torture then the idiot king is correct when he says: “We don’t torture.” This is the way myths are born, so let’s try and squash this particular one while it’s still young.

Bündnis will rechte Aktionen verhindern

Lübeck, HL-live.de – Bündnis will rechte Aktionen verhindern
Am 29. März wollen Neonazis in Lübeck aufmarschieren. Im Gegensatz zu den letzten beiden Jahren soll dieser Aufmarsch aber nicht durch die Lübecker Innenstadt führen, sondern durch den Stadtteil St. Lorenz-Süd. Bereits diesen Samstag soll es eine Mahnwache in der Innenstadt geben. “Sowohl Jörn Lemke als auch die Polizei haben offensichtlich die Hoffnung aufgegeben, einen störungsfreien Nazi-Aufmarsch in der Lübecker Innenstadt durchführen zu können und ziehen sich in einen leichter abzuriegelnden Stadtteil zurück. Dieser Rückzug ist ein eindeutiger Erfolg unseres breit mobilisierten Widerstandes”, kommentiert das Bündnis “Wir können sie stoppen”, das sich aus den Kirchen, Gewerkschaften, Parteien sowie antifaschistischen und linken Gruppen zusammensetzt.

Kiev Police Detain Two Neo-Nazis in Connection With Murder of Congolese Refugee

Union of Councils for Soviet Jews: Kiev Police Detain Two Neo-Nazis in Connection With Murder of Congolese Refugee
Police in Kiev detained two 16 year olds identified in the Ukrainian press as neo-Nazis in connection with the murder of a Congolese refugee, according to a March 3, 2008 report by the Russian Jewish web site Jewish.ru. The January 27, 2008 murder inspired a statement of concern from the UNHCR, which sounded the alarm over 17 attacks last year on refugees registered by the UNHCR in Ukraine.

Ex-intelligence officer with Greensboro police alleges Klan-Nazi files destroyed

Ex-intelligence officer with Greensboro police alleges Klan-Nazi files destroyed
Second officer may have kept some of files slated for disposal. The source of an allegation by four Greensboro pastors that 50 boxes of files related to the 1979 Klan-Nazi shootings were destroyed around the time the Greensboro Truth and Reconciliation Commission began its inquiry into the event is a patrol officer who was formerly assigned to the disbanded special intelligence section. Officer Julius Fulmore confirmed to YES! Weekly last week that he provided the information to the Rev. Nelson Johnson, a survivor of the deadly shootings. Fulmore alleges that Lt. Craig McMinn, then a sergeant and the commander of the special intelligence unit, ordered the destruction of the files. Fulmore’s lawyer, Amiel Rossabi, said he believes Cpl. Ernest Cuthbertson, then also a member of special intelligence, preserved about two of the boxes.

siehe auch: “City unaware of Klan-Nazi files missing”. Responding to allegations that files related to the 1979 Klan-Nazi shootings had been destroyed, a city spokeswoman said Tuesday that officials are unaware of anything being missing. Three Greensboro ministers say police disposed of about 50 boxes of files, which they say were tossed into a trash bin.

Czech police join extremist National Guard

Romano Vodi – Czech police join extremist National Guard – News
The paramilitary National Guard (NG), established by the extreme rightist National Party last year, has attracted some 2000 people, including many former career soldiers and police, the Czech daily Pravo writes today, referring to NG Commander Michal Kubik. The first members are to serve as commanders. The training is to start later this year, Pravo says. The NG is planning the public oath-taking ceremony for this October, on the 90th anniversary of Czechoslovakia’s establishment, it ads. Kubik told Pravo that out of the 2000 candidates for the NG membership, only a faction would undergo an entry interview. Pravo says the data given by the NG cannot be checked.

Razzia bei Online-Anbietern rechtsextremistischer Tonträger

heise online – Razzia bei Online-Anbietern rechtsextremistischer Tonträger
Gestern morgen haben Polizeibeamte bundesweit Wohnungen von 23 Beschuldigten durchsucht, die rechtsextremistische Tonträger über die Internetauktionsplattform eBay angeboten haben sollen. Beteiligt waren laut Mitteilung in einem vom Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) koordinierten Einsatz Polizisten aus Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Sachsen und Thüringen. Sichergestellt wurden demnach 24 Computer, rund 3500 rechtsextremistische Musik-CD und -LP sowie Devotionalien. Durch die Funde und Angaben der Beschuldigten habe sich der Verdacht der Verbreitung strafrechtlich relevanter und indizierter Tonträger und Schriften in den meisten Fällen bestätigt. Neben den 23 Personen, deren Wohnungen durchsucht wurden, ließen sich laut BKA im gesamten Bundesgebiet weitere 70 Beschuldigte identifizieren.

siehe auch: Ebay löst Razzia gegen Nazi-Musik-Anbieter aus. Bei Durchsuchungen in mehreren Bundesländern wurde das BKA fündig: Zahlreiche Computer und Speichermedien konnten sichergestellt werden. Vorausgegangen war eine Anzeige des Online-Auktionshauses Ebay; BKA: Bundesweite Durchsuchungen wegen Nazi-Musik auf eBay. Anbietern rechtsextremistischer Tonträger geht es an den Kragen. Manche eBay-Auktionen ziehen nicht nur Abmahnungen, sondern auch ernstere Konsequenzen nach sich. Polizeibeamte aus Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Sachsen und Thüringen haben bundesweit Wohnungen von 23 Beschuldigten durchsucht, denen vorgeworfen wird, rechtsextremistische Musik auf eBay versteigert zu haben. Das Bundeskriminalamt koordinierte die Aktion.

Neue Informationen zu CIA-Gefangenentransporten in Rumänien

derStandard.at – Neue Informationen zu CIA-Gefangenentransporten in Rumänien
Auf dem Militärflughafen Mihail Kogalniceanu wurden rätselhafte Pakete umgeladen (…) Die EU-Kommission hat Polen und Rumänien kürzlich vorgeworfen, der Aufforderung nach einer Stellungnahme zur Verwicklung in die CIA-Transporte auszuweichen. Beide Regierungen haben alle Vorwürfe zurückgewiesen, darunter auch den Bericht von Dick Marty, dem Beauftragten des Europarats. Der Schweizer Diplomat kam zu dem Schluss, dass die Gefangenen meist gefesselt waren, nackt und isoliert gehalten wurden. Eine solche Behandlung widerspricht der Europäischen Menschenrechtskonvention und würde auch einen Verstoß gegen das rumänische Recht darstellen sowie gegen die Verpflichtung des Landes zur Einhaltung der Menschenrechte, eine zentrale Bedingung für den EU-Beitritt von Rumänien zum Jahresbeginn 2007. Nach dem Bericht des rumänischen Informanten waren die US-Piloten nach gefälschten Flugplänen unterwegs – oder nach gar keinen Plänen. Ihre Ziele wurden nicht angegeben. Eingesetzt wurden Frachtflugzeuge des Typs C-130 Hercules oder andere Maschinen der US-Streitkräfte.

siehe auch: Romania Base Suspected CIA Prisoner Site (…) His descriptions, told on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press, add to suspicions surrounding Romania’s involvement in “extraordinary rendition” _ the beyond-the-law transfer of U.S. terror suspects from country to country by the CIA. Human rights advocates say renditions were the agency’s way to outsource torture of prisoners to countries where it is permitted practice. Romania’s precise role is a little-reported part of the system that is being slowly revealed, often to the chagrin of U.S. allies. In an embarrassing reversal after years of denial, Britain admitted Thursday that its military outpost on the Indian Ocean island of Diego Garcia had twice been used as a refueling stop for the secret transport of terrorism suspects.

In Wake of Attack on Foreign Students, Kiev Police Chief Denies Racist

Union of Councils for Soviet Jews: In Wake of Attack on Foreign Students, Kiev Police Chief Denies Racist
Kiev police detained 17 youths in connection with an attack on three foreign students, according to a February 21, 2008 article in the local newspaper Kievskie Vedomosti. The mob of youths was hanging out near the MAUP university, which perhaps coincidentally is the country’s leading publisher of antisemitic literature, when they spotted two Iranian and one Chinese student getting off a bus. Police reacted quickly, detaining the attackers, but letting 12 go after establishing that they are under-aged. The other five are in detention pending charges.

One thousand policemen to monitor neo-Nazi march in Plzen

One thousand policemen to monitor neo-Nazi march in Plzen – ČeskéNoviny.cz
About 1000 policemen will guard the streets of Plzen during a neo-Nazi march through the city centre on Saturday, March 1, police spokeswoman Jana Vaclavova said. She said riot police, traffic police, detectives and investigators, mounted police and dog-handlers will be on alert since there is a real danger of a conflict arising between the neo-Nazis and their opponents. Members of anti-conflict teams will also be available. The police will have water cannons, armoured carriers and a helicopter at their disposal, Vaclavova said adding that the Bavarian and Saxon police forces have also been asked to send their specialists.

siehe auch: weitere Meldungen zu Demonstrationen in Plzen