Sachsen-Anhalt: Friedhöfe geschändet

NPD-BLOG.INFO » Sachsen-Anhalt: Friedhöfe geschändet
Unbekannte haben laut einem ddp-Bericht in Dessau und Köthen Friedhöfe geschändet. In Dessau wurde am Wochenende 23./24. Februar 2008 demnach am Tor des Israelitischen Friedhofes eine Kranzschleife mit einem Hakenkreuz beschmiert, wie Staatsanwaltschaft und Polizei mitteilten. Die Schleife stammt von einem Kranz, der am 18. Februar zum Gedenken an die Einweihung der Synagoge niedergelegt worden war. In Köthen wurde die Mauer eines jüdischen Friedhofes mit rechtsextremistischen Schmierereien besprüht und eine an dieser Mauer befestigte Gedenktafel beschädigt.

Skinheads accused of murdering Armenian and Azeri found guilty in Altay region of Russia

Armenian News – PanARMENIAN.Net | Armenian News Agency – Skinheads accused of murdering Armenian and Azeri found guilty in Altay region of Russia
At the trial the accused claimed they assaulted people for robbery but not through national hatred. The third accused, who was not found guilty of perpetration of murder, was handed a 6-year sentence. As reported earlier, Armenia-native Hrachik Baghramyan, 50, was assaulted on October 15, 2006 in Biysk. Azeri Ziyadhan Eyvazov was killed on November 1.

In Wake of Attack on Foreign Students, Kiev Police Chief Denies Racist

Union of Councils for Soviet Jews: In Wake of Attack on Foreign Students, Kiev Police Chief Denies Racist
Kiev police detained 17 youths in connection with an attack on three foreign students, according to a February 21, 2008 article in the local newspaper Kievskie Vedomosti. The mob of youths was hanging out near the MAUP university, which perhaps coincidentally is the country’s leading publisher of antisemitic literature, when they spotted two Iranian and one Chinese student getting off a bus. Police reacted quickly, detaining the attackers, but letting 12 go after establishing that they are under-aged. The other five are in detention pending charges.

French clubs struggle to silence racist fans

French clubs struggle to silence racist fans – International Herald Tribune
Metz plans to take legal action against a far-right group of its supporters who made Nazi salutes at the end of a loss at Lyon, the first-division leader, on Saturday. It was an incident that followed displays of racism at a Metz game on Feb. 16. After a 2-0 loss to Lyon, Metz players threw their T-shirts into a crowd of about 100 traveling supporters. Jacky Ancel, the Metz director of security, said about 10 of the club’s fans responded with Nazi salutes. “We will try and identify them and take legal action,” Ancel said Tuesday. Ancel said they are likely to belong to an extremist group of fans who call themselves “Identity Youth.” It is a branch within another far-right group of about 40 Metz fans who call themselves “The Faction,” Ancel said.

Anti-Jewish hate incidents soar

Anti-Jewish hate incidents soar – News – Manchester Evening News
A RECORD number of racist incidents against Jewish people took place in Greater Manchester last year. More than 147 cases of abuse, vandalism or assault were reported to the Community Security Trust. The voluntary group provides safety advice to Jewish schools, synagogues and other institutions. Complaints about anti-Semitism in the region have risen steadily. In the previous 12 months there were 143 cases – only 94 were recorded in 2004.

“City unaware of Klan-Nazi files missing”

“City unaware of Klan-Nazi files missing” : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina
Responding to allegations that files related to the 1979 Klan-Nazi shootings had been destroyed, a city spokeswoman said Tuesday that officials are unaware of anything being missing. Three Greensboro ministers say police disposed of about 50 boxes of files, which they say were tossed into a trash bin. That came, said the Revs. Cardes Brown, Gregory Headen and Nelson Johnson, after the city had received a request for information about the shootings. But Pat Boswell, a city spokeswoman, said there is nothing to indicate that files were destroyed. “We’re not aware of any information missing,” she said. (…) During a press conference at New Light Baptist Church, Brown, Headen and Johnson released a statement saying a police officer contacted Johnson about the files in September. Johnson said the police officer was present when the files were thrown out but would not provide the officer’s name. The files, the ministers said, included information on the surveillance of members of the Communist Workers Party, which was involved in the shooting. The files, which were in possession of the police department’s Special Intelligence Division, were separate from other police files, the ministers said. The ministers said Headen and Johnson met in October with Keith Holliday, then the mayor, and City Manager Mitchell Johnson to tell them about the files with the idea of starting an investigation. Soon afterward, they said, Bellamy contacted Nelson Johnson to ask who the source of the information was, but Johnson declined, saying he had agreed not to reveal the officer’s name. Brown said the ministers have come to the conclusion that the city is not pursuing the matter. “It appears there is no intent to find out,” he said. “We hope the media will assist in getting to the bottom of this.” Nelson Johnson said the files were destroyed in 2004 or 2005.

siehe auch:  Anti-Klan rally files destroyed, 3 say. Three ministers accused a Greensboro police officer Tuesday of ordering officers to destroy about 50 boxes of police files related to the fatal shootings at an anti-Ku Klux Klan rally in 1979. The Revs. Cardes Brown, Gregory Headen and Nelson Johnson said an active-duty officer told them he and at least three other officers were told to destroy the records in 2004 or 2005, shortly after the Truth and Reconciliation Commission requested police files related to the shootings. The News & Record of Greensboro reports that the order came from Sgt. Craig McMinn in the department’s Special Intelligence Unit. The ministers didn’t identify the officer who provided the information. Telephone messages left by The Associated Press with McMinn and Chief of Police Timothy Bellamy weren’t returned Tuesday. On the morning of Nov. 3, 1979, a heavily armed caravan of Klansmen and Nazi party members confronted the rally. Five marchers were killed and 10 were injured. Those criminally charged were later acquitted in state and federal trials. The city and some Klan members were found liable for the deaths in civil litigation.

Schüler aus Hessen zeigt Hitlergruß vor Gedenkstätte Buchenwald

Schüler aus Hessen zeigt Hitlergruß vor Gedenkstätte Buchenwald – Yahoo! Nachrichten Deutschland
Ein Schüler aus Hessen hat am Mittwoch vor der Mahn- und Gedenkstätte Buchenwald den Hitlergruß gezeigt. Nach Angaben der Polizei wurde der 16-Jährige vorübergehend festgenommen und wegen Verwenden von Kennzeichen verfassungswidriger Organisationen angezeigt. Der Mann war der Polizei zufolge mit einer Schülergruppe aus Oberursel im Taunus zur Besichtigung der Gedenkstätte angereist.

Rechtsextremisten verprügeln 17-jährigen Russen

Rechtsextremisten verprügeln 17-jährigen Russen – Yahoo! Nachrichten Deutschland
Zwei angetrunkene Rechtsextremisten haben in München einen 17 Jahre alten Russen angegriffen und verletzt. Polizeiangaben vom Mittwoch zufolge waren die beiden 20 Jahre alten Männer am Dienstag auf der Straße drei russischstämmigen Jugendlichen begegnet. Als die Deutschen mitbekamen, dass sich die drei auf russisch unterhielten, griffen sie unvermittelt den 17-Jährigen an und schlugen ihm mehrfach mit den Fäusten ins Gesicht.

20 Lazio-Ultras in Rom festgenommen

stol.it – Nachrichten – 20 Lazio-Ultras in Rom festgenommen
20 Ultras, mehrheitlich Fans des Fußball-Erstligisten Lazio Rom, sind am Dienstag in der Hauptstadt festgenommen worden. Ihnen wird Bildung einer kriminellen Vereinigung, Verletzungen, Plünderung und politische Gewalt vorgeworfen. 50 Hausdurchsuchungen wurden durchgeführt. Die Ultras werden beschuldigt, sich an den Krawallen am 11. November 2007 nach dem Tod des Lazio-Ultras Gabriele Sandri beteiligt zu haben. Dabei hatten sie zwei Polizeikasernen in Rom angegriffen. (…) Die mehrheitlich rechtsorientierten Ultras mit Sympathien für die rechtsextreme Partei Forza Nuova sollen auch Lokale attackiert haben, in denen junge Anarchisten verkehren.

siehe auch: Razzia gegen Hooligans in Rom. 20 Ultras, mehrheitlich Fans von Lazio Rom, sind am Dienstag in der italienischen Hauptstadt festgenommen worden. Ihnen werden Bildung einer kriminellen Vereinigung, Verletzungen, Plünderung und politische Gewalt vorgeworfen. 50 Hausdurchsuchungen wurden durchgeführt.

Polizist nach rassistischer Äußerung zu lasch bestraft

mz-web.de: Polizist nach rassistischer Äußerung zu lasch bestraft
Das Innenministerium hat die Untersuchung einer ausländerfeindlichen Äußerung eines leitenden Polizisten zum Feuertod des Asylbewerbers Oury Jalloh in Dessau abgeschlossen. Die nochmalige Prüfung des Vorgangs aus dem Jahr 2005 habe ergeben, dass der Polizist hätte stärker disziplinarrechtlich bestraft werden können, sagte Innenminister Holger Hövelmann (SPD) am Montag in Magdeburg. Bei einer Führungskräfteberatung in der früheren Polizeidirektion Halle hatte der Beamte im Februar 2005 gesagt: «Schwarze brennen eben mal länger.»