Neo-Nazis Trying, and Failing, to Recruit Members

Racist extremist groups have failed to gain members in Finland, despite recruitment campaigns in growing urban centres. The Finnish Security Police (Supo) say there are fewer Nazi skinheads now than in the 1990’s. (…) Nonetheless, extremist groups in Finland do take their cue from neo-Nazi organisations in Sweden, and have been trying to set up similar networks here. In Helsinki, Tampere, Turku and Oulu, for example, racist activists have advertised a Swedish-style website and attached racist stickers in public places.

via Neo-Nazis Trying, and Failing, to Recruit Members | News | YLE Uutiset | yle.fi.

New anti-Semitic attack against Crete synagogue causes more destruction

Following the second arson attack in less than two weeks, the roof of the historic synagogue in Hania, on the Greek island of Crete, is badly damaged and many books kept in the synagogue have been destroyed. An unknown number of people entered the building in the early hours of Saturday morning, broke through a first-floor door and started a fire, police said. Two weeks ago, the Etz-Hayyim Synagogue – the only Jewish temple on Crete – was also attacked by arsonists. It had been restored in the late 1990s after years of neglect.

via World Jewish Congress.

siehe auch: Arsonists Attack Crete Synagogue Second Time in Two Weeks. Arsonists have attacked the only synagogue on the Greek island of Crete for the second time in less than two weeks, destroying the wooden roof, four computers, tapes of Jewish music and burning holy books. The first attack occurred two weeks ago and destroyed 30 antique Turkish carpets and a large library. The synagogue, named Etz Chaim, underwent a four-year restoration project that was completed in 1999. It had been desecrated following the Nazi regime that decimated the local Jewish community in 1944. The synagogue dates back to the 15th century and was a functioning museum until the arson attacks. A small number of Jews, often joined by Christians and even some Muslims, attended Sabbath and festival prayers there.

Hunt for Russia’s famed Amber Room leads to Nazi bunker

The mystery of Russia’s famed Amber Room, seized as the spoils of war by the Nazis, has puzzled historians and experts since it disappeared in 1945. Sergei Trifonov, however, believes he has solved the riddle, and that the treasure – ornately carved panels of glowing amber, formed from fossilised resin – lies underneath a bunker in the Russian enclave of Kaliningrad. “Believe me or not, it’s there, 12 metres down in the sub-soil,” he said, pointing to the entrance of a bunker that sheltered the Nazi high command in the last hours of the Battle of Königsberg.

via Hunt for Russia’s famed Amber Room leads to Nazi bunker – The Local.

Neo-Nazi demonstration in Prague a complete debacle

Last week neo-Nazis announced demonstrations for Friday and Saturday on behalf of Workers’ Party members arrested last Wednesday. The demonstrations in Pardubice and Prague were both complete debacles. “There are about 20 of them talking in small groups, the event will most probably end soon,” our reporter announced from the scene in Prague on Saturday. That unsuccessful protest ended after 20 minutes, with the neo-Nazis heading to local restaurants. The neo-Nazi web server odpor.org had announced that the demonstrators wanted to express their disagreement with “the illegal detentions in custody” of their associates. They also wanted to protest a recent police operation targeting extreme-right promoters. “The reasons for the police raids were the posting of fliers and stickers, our support for those in prison, the organization of musical events, and mainly our membership in the DS. We view all of these reasons as absurd and completely illogical in a democratic state,” the website, which is connected with the illegal neo-Nazi National Resistance movement, writes. “Friends, as you certainly know already, another police raid took place in the early morning hours on our territory. The system has once again demonstrated its totalitarian practices in all their beauty and has more people to account for. Now is the time to show RESISTANCE!” the neo-Nazis wrote last Wednesday on the Autonomous Nationalists’ website after the DS members were arrested. “Organize your own spontaneous demonstration in support of these political prisoners… The time has come to build real RESISTANCE. Don’t write on the internet, TAKE ACTION! WE are the ones who will make the rules now,” the neo-Nazis threatened on the website. (…) A group of about 15 extreme-right adherents gathered last Wednesday in Husová street in Prague. They then moved to protest in front of police headquarters in Bartolomějská street.

via Romea.cz – Neo-Nazi demonstration in Prague a complete debacle – News.

Croatian tennis thugs flash Nazi salutes at Australian Open, menace fans with flares

Right-wing tennis hooligans have cast a shadow over the start of the Australian Open, putting a black eye on an event with a history already scarred by racial clashes. A pack of Croatian thugs, armed with flares and flashing Nazi salutes, marched into Melbourne Park, menacing fans and attacking a photographer for Melbourne’s Herald Sun, the newspaper reports. The photographer claims he was spat at and “slapped on the back of the head.” (…) At least two of the thugs are facing a murder trial, the Herald Sun reports, and are known to promote right-wing propaganda.

via Croatian tennis thugs flash Nazi salutes at Australian Open, menace fans with flares.

siehe auch: Photographer Craig Borrow describes his run-in with a mob of Croatian tennis fans. PHOTOGRAPHER Craig Borrow tells how he was abused and spat on by a mob of Croatian fans as he headed to the Australian Open to cover the event for the Herald Sun.

Survivor tells court of Nazi death camp horrors

One of the last survivors of the Nazi death camp in Sobibor said on Tuesday that he still has nightmares about his experiences there, as he testified in the trial of alleged guard John Demjanjuk. “I go there in my dreams. They are so real. In them I am still there,” said Thomas Blatt, 82, whose parents and brother were among the 250,000 people estimated to have perished there during World War II. “I can’t get it out of my head. This is the price I paid for getting out.” He told the Munich courthouse in southern Germany that he was unable to place the 89-year-old Demjanjuk at the camp in occupied Poland, but that “only Ukrainians like Mr. Demjanjuk guarded us”. “The Ukrainians were always there, they were the most important personnel in Sobibor,” said Blatt. “Without them, the death factory wouldn’t have functioned … The Trawnikis (foreign guards) were worse than the Germans,” he added.

via AFP: Survivor tells court of Nazi death camp horrors.

siehe auch: Witness in Demjanjuk trial faces own charges as Nazi camp guard. An 88-year-old man who appeared as a witness in the ongoing trial of suspected Nazi camp guard John Demjanjuk, faces indictment for his own alleged role as guard at the Belzec extermination camp during the Holocaust. Samuel K., whose full name has been withheld, is suspected of being a guard at Belzec in southeastern Poland between November 1941 and spring 1943. He could face charges of accessory to murder in 430,000 cases. “We assume that every guard in the death camp knew what was happening and participated in all activities, including sending people into the gas chambers,” Kurt Schrimm, head of Germany’s judicial authority for investigation of Nazi crimes, told Haaretz on Monday. “We do not have testimonies of people that saw him doing this,” he said, “but we can say that he was there.”

13.2.2010 – Dresden Nazifrei! Repressionsupdate

Am 13. Februar 2010 werden wir zusammen mit tausenden von Menschen den größten Naziaufmarsch Europas in Dresden verhindern.

Im Jahr 2009 marschierten fast 7000 Nazis durch unsere Stadt. Ihr Ziel ist es, die Verbrechen des Nazi-Regimes zu leugnen und Nazi-Deutschland zum eigentlichen Opfer des 2. Weltkrieges umzudeuten. Wir aber wissen: der verbrecherische Krieg ging von Nazi-Deutschland aus und kehrte 1945 nach Dresden zurück.

Im Jahr 2010 werden wir Dresdnerinnen und Dresdner gemeinsam mit allen antifaschistischen Kräften aus den Gewerkschaften, Parteien, Jugend- und Studierendenverbänden, der Friedens- und Umweltbewegung, der radikalen Linken, globalisierungskritischen Gruppen und gewaltfreien Aktionsgruppen aus dem gesamten Bundesgebiet den Aufmarsch der Nazis verhindern. Nie wieder werden wir den AnhängerInnen des verbrecherischen Nazi-Regimes unsere Städte überlassen!

Nie wieder Faschismus – nie wieder Krieg!

Repression gegen Dresden-Mobilisierung. Januar 19th, 2010
Heute fand in Berlin und Sachsen eine Durchsuchungswelle gegen linke und antifaschistische Einrichtungen statt, die die Proteste gegen den Naziaufmarsch am 13.02.2010 in Dresden unterstützen. Unter anderem wurde der Antifa-Laden “Red Stuff” in Berlin-Kreuzberg und das Infobüro in der Landesgeschäftsstelle der LINKEN in Dresden durchsucht. In Berlin wurden sämtliche Mobilisierungsmaterialien beschlagnahmt die zu den Protesten gegen den größten europäischen Naziaufmarsch aufrufen. Begründet wird dies im Durchsuchungsbeschluss damit, dass das Aufrufen zu zivilem Ungehorsam und Blockaden ein öffentlicher Aufruf zu Straftaten sei; Polizei geht gegen Dresden-Plakat vor. Tausende Exemplare dieses Plakats wurden beschlagnahmt. “Gemeinsam blockieren”, heißt es auf den Protest-Plakaten gegen den größten Naziaufmarsch Europas in Dresden am 13. Februar. Darunter die Logos von Grünen, Attac, Piratenpartei, der Linken, Gewerkschaften und anderen Gruppen. Doch was für Nazi-Gegner eine Selbstverständlichkeit ist, klingt nach Ansicht der Sicherheitsbehörden nach einem Aufruf zu Straftaten. Am Dienstagmittag durchsuchten die Polizei daraufhin in Dresden die Landesgeschäftsstelle der Partei die Linke, in Berlin traf es ein Ladengeschäft linker Gruppen. Tausende Plakate, Flyer und Sticker wurden beschlagnahmt. Aber auch Computer nahmen die Beamten mit. “Die Polizei möchte offenbar unseren Protest im Keim ersticken. Das wird ihr aber nicht gelingen – im Gegenteil. Stattdessen werden die Behörden der Öffentlichkeit erklären müssen, warum ihnen der reibungslose Ablauf des größten Neonazi-Aufmarschs so am Herzen liegt”, sagte Lena Roth, Sprecherin des Bündnisses; 13.2.2010 – Dresden Nazifrei! Dresden stellt sich quer – Flyer, Plakate, Video – Unterstützer des Aufrufs “Nazifrei! Dresden stellt sich quer” sind Musiker, wie Bela B (Die Ärzte), Konstantin Wecker, Bundestagsabgeordnete der Parteien Die Linke und von Bündnis 90/Die Grünen, Landtagsabgeordnete der SPD, der Oberbürgermeister von Jena, Gewerkschaftssekretäre und Pfarrer. Am Bündnis beteiligen sich das Aktionsnetzwerk Jena, das Antifabündnis “No Pasarán!”, Die Linke.SDS, [‘solid], Grüne Jugend, Jusos, ver.di Jugend und viele weitere. Flyer, Plakate zum Abholen und als Kopiervorlage – Aus dem ganzen Bundesgebiet und darüber hinaus fahren am 13.02.2010 Busse nach Dresden mit dem Ziel den Naziaufmarsch zu verhindern; Hausdurchsuchungen bei `Dresden nazifrei!´-Bündnis – Staatsanwalt: `Versammlungsfreiheit auch für braune Dumpfbacken´. Das breite zivilgesellschaftliche Bündnis „Dresden nazifrei!“ ruft seit Wochen unter dem Motto „Gemeinsam blockieren!“ zu Protesten gegen den geplanten Naziaufmarsch am 13. Februar 2010 in Dresden auf. Am Dienstagnachmittag haben nun Polizeibeamte zwei Kontaktstellen des Bündnisses durchsucht und Mengen an Werbematerialien beschlagnahmt. Der Vorwurf: Aufruf zu Straftaten. Organisatoren und Erstunterzeichner des Aufrufes sind schockiert. (…) Auch das Mitglied des sächsischen Landtages Hanka Kliese (SPD), ebenfalls Mitunterzeichnerin des Aufrufes, zeigte sich sehr irritiert: “Es handelt sich um einen Aufruf zu einer gewaltfreien Demonstration. Das halte ich für legitim.” Sie wundere sich sehr darüber, wofür sich die Staatsanwaltschaft interessiere, so Kliese gegenüber ENDSTATION RECHTS. Dem Aufruf des Bündnisses hatten sich in den vergangenen Tagen rund 230 Organisationen und über 800 Einzelpersonen angeschlossen. Darunter Künstler wie Bela B (Die Ärzte) und Konstantin Wecker, Abgeordnete aus dem sächsischen Landtag, Bundestagsabgeordnete verschiedener Parteien, der Oberbürgermeister von Jena, Gewerkschaftssekretäre, Pfarrer und viele mehr.

URL dieses Postings: http://tinyurl.com/dresden-nazifrei

neue URL Dresden: http://www.dresden-nazifrei.com (update: 25.01.10)

Artikel zu “Dresden – Nazifrei!” im Blog: http://dokmz.wordpress.com/category/dredsden-nazifrei/